Ireti is an experimental VR film written and directed by Anglik Laboy that uses the affordances of the medium to explore the life of a queer college student.
This projects is a collage of media forms intgrating 2D and volumetric footage with photogrammetry, hand-modeled assets, and hand-designed shader VFX. It was really exiting to work with all these forms and tackle the challenge of piecing them all together.
- August 2021 - February 2022
- VR Team Lead
- Oculus VR
- Unity Dev
My role in the project was to lead the VR development team, which meant I was in charge of:
- Coordinating with the writer/director realize her scenes in VR
- Coordinating with the Animation Lead to integrate her team's work
- Developing the core systems necessary to run the film in VR
- Managing the project timeline and assigning tasks to other developers on my team
- Producing several significant effect sequences for different scenes, including code, shaders, models, and other art assets
As you might expect, this was a lot to manage, but my team made it easy for me, and together we worked to produce an impressive VR experience.
Here's a bunch of media I captured throughout the development of Ireti.